Users can now include their brand elements on the login pages alongside the Frost branding. Administrators can choose different branding elements for the login pages in addition to what they have inside the platform.
LTI 1.3 Support and Deep Linking
Clients can now register and use LTI 1.3 tools within your course.
We have also introduced a new ‘deep linking’ feature via which LMS users can search and add content from the Learning Object Repository (LOR) to their courses within the system directly. This applies to all popular modern LMSs such as Canvas, Blackboard Ultra, Moodle, and D2L.
QTI Support (LOR)
LOR has been provisioned with the upload and download capability of the QTI v2.1 packages. We plan to support more versions with upcoming releases.
Administrators can now assign users in groups to specific courses with pre-set permissions. This allows administrators to assign multiple users to edit and create courses without having to go through individually and change and add permissions.
Based on customer feedback, we have made a number of improvements to authoring with the end goal of improving the usability aspect of authoring content. The improvements are as follows,
- By default, the course hierarchy will be collapsed in the TOC. As a user expands the tree and continues working, the state of expansion and collapse will be retained so that the user’s choice is preserved for the session.
- Improvements to Delete nodes, reuse nodes, and Lock-unlock nodes. The interactions when the user performs these actions on TOC have been improved and the performance is being optimized.
- Rubrics – On the creation of rubrics, default values get added from the previous row rather than showing blank. Redundant alerts are removed.
- Improvements made in Assessment, Assignment, Forum & Pattern management.
Taxonomy Versions & Notifications (ACMT)
Taxonomies and standards/competency maps may get updated periodically. It is necessary to communicate these updates in a way that allows for comparison between the changes. With this update, when any Frost Align connected system publishes a taxonomy, users will now be notified. Users can view the versions of the taxonomy subscribed from any external system and update them to the latest version.
Copy of published taxonomy
Users can now create a copy of a published taxonomy as a draft.
Project Alert Notifications
With this update, users will now be notified via the platform if an update to an existing taxonomy creates a missing association or a mis-alignment with a standard.
Taxonomy Project Report
We’ve included the ability for users to export a single project report which helps them track project workflow stages in detail. The taxonomy project report contains information of all the workflow stages, comments, and project users of a taxonomy. If the taxonomy has multiple projects associated with it, then it will export the report of all the associated projects. The Taxonomy Project Report can be exported in Excel.
Taxonomy performance improvements
Based on various feedback from customers, we’ve made significant improvements to the overall browsing and downloading experience of large taxonomies. The process has been performance optimized so that it runs faster and is more seamless.
- Learning Resource Browsing – Users can now browse learning resources that are aligned with subject, grade, and language.
- Academic Standards Browsing – Users can now browse via standards and see which resources are available and aligned to those standards.
- Resource Bookmarking – Educators now have the ability to bookmark their favorite resources so they can return to them quickly as needed.
- Search Saving – Users can now save previous searches, therefore saving time and energy. They are now able to recall these saved searches when visiting the application later.
- Course Starter Kit – The Course Starter Kit introduces users to components in our hybrid and online courses. Faculty can browse and learn about the course structure, discussion board strategy, rubrics, and supplemental learning material.
- Browse by Learning Outcomes – Users have the powerful ability to browse courses and programs by learning outcomes. Educators and faculty can find aligned content to specific learning outcomes.
- Browse by Resource Library – The Learning Resource Library allows users to organize curated OER for programs and align resources to outcomes and skills. Easily search, browse and share digital content across your entire institution.
- Bookmarked resources – Educators will now be given the capability of bookmarking their favourite resource and easy access available to their favourite resources when they revisit again.
- Saved Searches – Users can now save previous searches which allows them to save time and energy and also gives them an easy way to continue filtering from where they left or create different filters.