- Upload Component
- A new upload component has been added.
- Navigating anywhere within LOR will retain the component and upload would continue
- Navigating away from LOR will display an alert that uploads will be canceled; the user may decide to cancel the navigation and continue the upload process.
Value Add- Better user experience and ease for the end user to upload in LOR
- Inclusion of Captcha in User Registration and Password set up pages
- To make the self-registration and password setup process more secure
- by distinguishing between human and automated access to the Frost website,
- Google reCAPTCHA has been integrated
- Value add- For the end user we are ensuring that there is secure user registration.
- Single Sign-on with Frost through LTI (1.1) authentication
- The 3 rd party application users would be able to access Frost (single sign-on) through LTI 1.1 authentication
- Both the new and existing (already present in Frost) users would be automatically authenticated and get access to Frost upon arrival from the other applications through LTI
- Value add- Users will be able to log in through LTI 1.1 authentication
- Enhanced Bulk User Upload
- A new Partial feature has been added for the upload component. It has been introduced to indicate uploads in the Transaction Log Having both successful and unsuccessful accounts
- The validation file would be portraying the status accordingly
- This respective enhancement has been built to address the previously identified defect of two different rows being generated (with the same Transaction ID) on the Transaction Log for similar uploads having a combination of both successful and unsuccessful accounts has been introduced to indicate uploads in the Transaction Log having both successful and unsuccessful .Accounts validation file would be portraying the status accordingly
- The respective enhancement has been built to address the previously identified defect of two different rows being generated (with the same Transaction ID) on the Transaction.
- Log for similar uploads having a combination of both successful and unsuccessful accounts
- Value Add- Better user experience for the end user while uploading the users in bulk
- Improved Course Outline:
- Why this feature was included in this Release (Value add): Not only is the new course outline pleasant to the eye from a design standpoint, but also improves the overall user experience.
- What is this feature: The Course Outline has been improved in Designer. The right panel is now removed and the options made available on the left panel drop-down for quick access and provide more coverage for the nodes in the Course Outline.
- Benefit for the user: The improved course outline will provide quick access and more coverage for the nodes in the Course Outline.
- Support of additional question types in Canvas Export:
- Why this feature was included in this Release (Value add): Earlier, only MCQs were supported in Canvas Export, while all the other question types authored in frost did not render in Canvas. Due to this, all our clients using Canvas had to face the issue of data loss while these question types were exported out from Frost to Canvas or imported in Frost from Canvas. To solve this problem, this feature was released.
- What is this feature: The following question types are now supported in Canvas Export, both LTI, and non-LTI:
- Multiple choice (both single and multiple responses)
- Open Ended
- FIB Drag-drop
- FIB Dropdown
- Benefit for the user: Canvas being a widely used LMS among our customer base, users can now author more question types in Frost to use it in Canvas.
- Browse by standards – Academic standards details
- Benefit for the user: The user will be able to view the alignment of the standards with the resources/materials. Users such as Teachers / States or Districts will be able to view the standards in terms of the Horizontal alignment and Student expectation. Users will be able to see the Horizontal alignment of the standards which is the degree to which an assessment matches, the corresponding content standards for a subject area at a particular grade level. Student expectations, enabling users to understand the concrete actions the student should be able to perform as a result of participation in the program
- Value add: Enabling users to get all the information at one-stop about the standards with a better perspective giving an understanding of Student expectations standards, standards at the same degree, and Materials associated with the standards at each level
- Onboarding users
- The thought process behind the feature: When new users such as Teachers/ State admins are onboarded into the application, there was no way in which users can interact/navigate with the application
- Benefits for the user: New onboarded users can see the onboarding messages to help them navigate the application and understand the core features incorporated into the product. An onboarding help/training for the new users helping them to use the platform and for a better user onboarding experience
- Value add: A better user experience for the users in understanding the application
- LTI Deep linking
- The thought process behind the feature: Giving teachers the ability to upload the resources directly from the Explore repository
- Benefits for the user: During the authoring of courses in LMS, Teachers will be able to upload the resources/materials directly into the LMS while browsing the Explore repository
- Value add: While authoring the courses, teachers will be able to upload the resources/course materials directly in LMS from the Explore repository.
- Enhancement of the landing page
- The thought process behind the feature: During the analysis and the feedback received during the usability testing there was a need to show the academic levels and the academic areas upfront on the landing page
- Benefits for the user: Faculties can view the academic levels and academic areas upfront on the landing page giving them the view of all the academic levels and areas
- Value add: Faculties can view all the academic levels and academic areas upfront enabling them to browse the programs on the landing page through academic areas and levels mentioned for the university