Department: K-12 & Assessment
Location: Remote – U.S. (North East U.S. preferred)
LearningMate’s K12 and Assessment business group provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech and publishing companies who are focused on the K12 and assessment markets. The UX Architect will be responsible for designing the end-to-end web application and learning experiences and conceptualize original ideas which bring simplicity and user-friendliness to the design. He/she will be responsible for translating information from various sources into sitemaps, pencil, low-fi & hi-fi wireframes and prototypes, test the designs and improve upon it. He/she will also design the overall functionality of the product and manage to ensure an excellent user experience. He/she will be involved in creating presentations, catalogs, and developing design briefs that suit the purpose of business.
- Work closely with product managers and other key team members to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs and vision.
- Optimize information architecture to promote usability, while accommodating technical needs/constraints.
- Develop user flows and personas to facilitate the design process.
- Lead cross-functional design sessions between Product, R&D and Visual Design teams.
- Oversee all user-facing text to synthesize tone, language, and messaging.
- Prioritize roadmap features and product enhancement requests, specifically around UX.
- Craft internal and external communications around upcoming features, including release notes, user manuals, and feature descriptions.
- Study usage by end consumers and regularly iterate on the app and web experience.
- Active collaboration and communication working closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Review, collaborate, and mentor members of the design team, located both onshore and offshore.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Gather and document functional requirements for upcoming web and mobile releases.
- Analyze business needs and produce detailed design outputs that meet strategic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, MIS or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital learning environments. Experience working with onshore/offshore a plus.
- Experience in running Design Sprints and moderated as well as unmoderated Usability tests.
- Good understanding of design principles, knowledge of iOS & Android design principles a plus.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Experience in customer interaction and the ability to present solutions and consult clients in technology products for the higher ed market.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to perform tasks in a fast-paced working environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality, results-driven team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Hangout, Zoom, Skype)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel (up to 60%); will include some overnight travel.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter UX Architect – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.