Subject Matter Expert – RN and Health Professions (Contract – U.S.)
Reports to: Content Development Manager/Program Manager
Department: Content, Higher Education
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
LearningMate assists higher education organizations to create digital content that is personalized, accessible, and engaging. The team you will be working with is responsible for creating and deploying high-quality learning experiences for nursing and health professionals that are working towards a diploma, degree, or job change. Working as a subject matter expert, you will be writing assessment items to support text content for publishers as well as write content and scripts for simulation animations.
Start Date: January 2021
End Date: TBD-Ongoing
Hours per week: 10 – 25 (Contract US)
You will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the area of nursing, nursing-related vocations, and health professions.
As a SME, you will focus on writing and reviewing assessment items including questions for NCLEX review products and professional related certifications such as the CMA examination. Expertise is also utilized in writing content, scripts, and supplemental resource material pertaining to the specific profession. You will be working with the Content Development Manager for RN and Health Professions, Lead SME and/or Development Editor, Lead Instructional Designer, Curriculum Director, and/or Project Managers to provide support related to but not limited to identifying, recommending, and authoring:
- NCLEX style assessment items
- modular-based learning resources
- writing scripts and storylines for audiovisual content
- course format and structure
- standards bodies, learning goals, and required course materials and resources
- desired student experience for the course and overall pedagogy/andragogy
- course units, topics, and lessons
- RNs, LPNs, and MAs (CMA, RMA, CCMA)
- Specialty RN (CCRN, CRNA, APRN, FNP)
- Dental Hygiene – RDH or LDH
- Dental Assistant – CDA
- Respiratory Therapist – RRT
- Radiology Technician – RT or ARRT
- Nutritionist- CCN, CD, CDN, RD, RD-AP, RDN, or RDN-AP (Can have a BS in Nutrition without certification)
- Veterinary Technician – LVT or CVT
- Pharmacy Technician – CPhT
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience or experience in their field of study; must be recent (within the past 5 years)
- Must have an unencumbered, current license/certification
- Educators are preferred but this is not a requirement
- Proficient in writing with knowledge of APA formatting
- Must be able to submit a writing sample if requested
Please send a cover letter and resume/C.V. that combine to highlight the requirements outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line enter Subject Matter Expert – RN and Health Professions – Your Name as the Subject Line. If your qualifications meet our needs, a member of our talent acquisition team will contact you directly.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.