Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator, K-12 (U.S.)
Department: K-12 & Assessment
Location: Work at home (preferable proximity to Pennsylvania)
The Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems. Their main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various corporate applications. The ideal candidate will have experience building, optimizing, and maintaining conceptual and logical database models.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve student information
- Analyze data structure requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Manage SQL Server databases
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system’s health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time
- Provide suggestions for solutions
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- 10+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
- 5+ years of experience with MY SQL Server Administration experience required
- 5+ years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- 3+ years of experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- 3+ years of experience of High Availability (H.A.) and Disaster Recovery (D.R.) options for SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Experienced in working in an education setting or similar environment, not required but preferred.
- Proficient in verbal and written English and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings, as needed to solve service issues.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Database Administration, Data Analytics, Information Systems or relevant field and/or equal experience and/or certifications.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in M.S. Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Hangout, Zoom, skype)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India and the USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator, K-12 (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.