Sr. Director Strategic Partnerships, Higher Ed Workforce Development
Reports to: VP Sales, Strategic Partnerships
Work Location: Remote (US-based)
LearningMate is an industry leading professional services and product company offering domain expertise in teaching and learning solutions. For twenty years, we’ve helped education organizations build and deploy highly impactful digitally enhanced courses and curricula. LearningMate’s Higher Education (HE) division has become a trusted partner in helping higher education institutions architect and design cutting-edge learning models that increase student engagement and success aligned to real-world skills and competencies.
Our HE division is seeking an experienced Senior Director to join our team and help to expand our footprint in the marketplace. The Senior Director is responsible for contributing to and executing the sales and partnerships strategy for our higher education market, by leveraging industry relations, understanding of the higher education challenges and potential, that can be addressed by a professional services company like LearningMate.
This individual will lead engagement with workforce development / Extended Campus organizations at colleges and universities in the US and Canada. The goal is to significantly increase LearningMate’s support of, and strategic and tactical involvement in, both credit and non-credit workforce development courses and curricula at colleges and universities in the US and Canada.
Candidates must have experience in selling to Extended Campus (or similar) organizations at colleges and universities in the US and Canada. This includes (in part) development of business relationships with leaders of Extended Campus and related units. The role requires more than 15 years of experience in higher education or selling to higher education, or serving as a leader of an Extended Education or workforce development at a college or university, with demonstrated success either managing a large Extended Campus program or in selling learning products and services to Extended Campus programs.
Must demonstrate understanding of the procurement process, budgeting, and program design. Candidates with a track record in selling instructional design services, LMS products, BI products, and/or other teaching and learning products to Extended Campus units will also be considered. Candidates must have excellent selling skills and understanding of consultative sales processes, focusing on building long-term business and strategic partnerships with higher education institutions.
- Extended Campus, workforce development, and related units at traditional colleges and universities and colleges, community colleges, and online universities
- Competency-Based Education-focused institutions
- Workforce Skills and Workforce Education-focused higher-ed institutions
- Existing network with industry leaders, advisors, and consultants in Extended Campus and workforce development space
- Collaborate on the business unit market strategy
- Define prospect list and pursue leads
- Direct inside sales campaigns
- Direct marketing campaigns
- Define individual account strategy
- Work closely with executive leadership to deliver to the defined strategy
- Mentor team members
- Create pipeline of opportunities, manage funnel, direct pre-sales/bid teams to craft winning bids
- Should have experience in enabling revenue in excess of $10 Million
- Collaborate with executive leadership and industry leaders
- Collaborate with teams across all our global locations
- Collaborate with marketing and operations
- Achieve targets assigned for prospecting, client conversions and revenue
- Manage forecast and sales pipeline reporting on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 4 years related experience. Master’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in Higher Education, and specifically managing a large Extended Campus operation.
- Has existing relationships with schools, private and public universities, community college system, or board of regents, with special emphasis on leaders of Extended Campus and workforce development units.
- Consistently handled sales targets in excess of $10 million and exceeded the targets.
- Excellent leadership and selling skills, and demonstrated understanding of sales processes
- Excellent analytical skills and consultative selling ability. Manage market expectations, understand client requirements, manage the bid process with sales support, and enable a winning bid.
- Excellent hunting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, influential, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, motivated, self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to handle multiple priorities and projects with demanding timeframes; adaptable and able to pivot quickly.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision.
- Travel required (up to 50%), may include overnight travel.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global clients. Coordination with the teams primarily in India requires early morning calls/meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat/Meet, Zoom.)
- The work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 25 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Sr. Director Strategic Partnerships, Higher Ed Workforce Development – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.