Sr. DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Enterprise architect
Work Location: Remote, US-based (PA & nearby states)
We are looking for a Sr. Devops engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with deployment of applications on both on-premise and cloud environments, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. The Sr. Devops engineer will work with various application and infrastructure teams, both from LearningMate and the customer. Responsibilities include supporting the current CI/CD ecosystem which is on-premises(Windows, IIS, SQL Server) and setup of CI/CD and other automation as the application moves to the cloud. The successful Devops engineer should have excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Supporting the development team while working with current CI/CD setup for on premises
- Plan for CI/CD for a micro-services based application
- Cloud management and monitoring
- Identify right cloud services for optimization of operating cost
- Estimating cloud infrastructure costs
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue
- Collaborate with other members of their engagement teams
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and technology organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7 years or more experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); working with offshore teams is a plus.
- Primary skills
- Must have strong deployment experience for .NET framework based web applications, APIs on IIS
- Thorough knowledge of containerization(Docker) and container orchestration frameworks like Rancher. Knowledge of VMWARE’s Tanzu orchestration platform would be highly desirable
- Experience in application development using Microsoft technologies
- Good knowledge of Windows
- Operating systems: UNIX, MS Windows.
- Good knowledge of Windows OS and IIS. Proficient in Powershell
- DevOps Tools: GitLab, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Jira.
- Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell scripting, Python.
- Cloud Experience: AWS/Azure
- Application servers – IIS
- Fundamentals of databases
- Experience in application monitoring tools like Stackify, Data Dog
- Secondary skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Build Management & CI CD implementation using TFS or Jenkins.
- Experience with virtualization is desired(example knowledge of VMWARE enterprise implementations
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff at all levels to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs. Passion for technology, keeping up with new trends and recommending best practices with implementation plans.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team, management and all users.
- Resourceful, self-directed ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being proactive in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in M.S. Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Meet and Zoom)
- Travel required (up to 20%) which may include some overnight travel.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India and the US and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Sr. DevOps Engineer – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.