Solutions Architect, HE (U.S.)
Department: Higher Education
Location: Work from Home (U.S.), with some travel (New Jersey or NE U.S. preferred)
LearningMate provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech and publishing companies that are focused on the education markets. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for developing technical requirements, identifying technical specifications, and design technology solutions that may include systems integration, custom development, procuring applications, and other technologies. This position requires a strong ability to lead, as this position will also lead/mentor the development team to develop and deploy technology solutions.
The Solutions Architect supports our U.S. based Clients and will be working closely with our offshore technical team by providing and recommending technology solutions for our clients’ enterprise education intelligence initiatives. Candidates must be highly collaborative with both our clients and LearningMate colleagues to develop a deep understanding of client business data solutions requirements to design solutions that are aligned to our client’s vision while exceeding their expectations.
- Provide direction for approaches to meeting customer needs and developing conceptual level architectural requirements
- Work with the technical team to produce estimates for the solution.
- Manage engagement teams and provide technical leadership in the assessment, design, and management of successful I.T. improvement programs in collaboration with clients.
- Providing expert knowledge of application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitating the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Collaborate with other members of their engagement teams to plan engagements and develop project plans and work programs, timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Document all architecture design and analysis work.
- Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Defines and implements project-level technical standards, guidelines, metrics, architectures, and processes.
- Provide oversight of the design, configuration, development, integration, and implementation of software solutions on a project. Leads the project implementation – Leading technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensure that architecture standards are followed.
- Work with client personnel to ensure the system architectures meet the scalability, reliability, testability, integration, and flexibility requirements of the client.
- Provides day-to-day technical leadership to team members as appropriate
- Mentoring technical leads and developers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
- Deliver the required functionality in an agreed-upon timely manner/work in a modified Scrum environment
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, MIS or related field, Master’s degree preferred, or 8 years related experience required
- 6-10+ years’ experience with 5+ years in on enterprise applications/product
- Experience working in the education industry or comparable experience working in consulting role in the education services organization
- Broad knowledge across key architecture domains (portal, app, data, infrastructure, integration/middleware, security)
- Understanding of core technologies, including open standards, database, and integration technologies
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) design and governance development
- Experience building large application architecture and frameworks
- Design and Development of RESTful web services
- API development and integration testing (for integration with enterprise systems and 3rd party SaaS applications)
- Solid Knowledge of SQL Development (Stored Procedures, Views, Query Optimization, etc.)
- Experience working with APIs, Rest API, Azure / AWS Web Services
- Experience with architecting solutions for AWS
- Experience with working in a Scrum model with offshore team members
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with performance tuning, diagnostic, or monitoring
- Experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross-platform architectures
- Experience with architecting enterprise solutions based on REST web services
- Experience in developing I.T. architecture plans
- Experience in developing solution offerings and capabilities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be the Tech Lead for the solution and go hands-on to implement, lead and support applications developers and other technical team members
- Proven strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- Proven strong relationship-building and communication skills with team members and business users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in M.S. Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Hangout, Zoom, skype)
- LearningMate has offices in India and the USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
- Understanding of Content Management platforms
- Working knowledge of at least one Learning Management system (Blackboard, BrightSpace, Canvas)
- Good understanding of education and integration standards
- TOGAF 9.2 – Level 2 certification
- Azure or AWS Cloud Architect Certification
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Solutions Architect, HE (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.