SME and Curriculum Designer for AP U.S. History (Contract -U.S.)
Reports to: Program Manager
Department: Content, K-12
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
LearningMate helps K-12 organizations create digital content that is personalized, accessible, and engaging. The eLearning team you will be working with is responsible for creating and deploying high-quality learning experiences for U.S. K-12 students for a public, virtual charter school.
Start Date: November 2020
End Date: November 2021
Hours per week: 10 – 25 (Contract US)
You will be responsible for providing support to the team and the stakeholders by identifying the requirements for developing a robust high school AP U.S. History course as part of the Advanced Placement course curriculum.
As a SME, you will focus on research, analysis, solving critical challenges, and providing solutions based on your expertise. You will be working with the Lead Instructional Designer, Curriculum Director, and/or Project Managers to conduct research and provide support related but not limited to identifying, recommending, and authoring:
- course format and structure;
- standards bodies, learning goals, and required course materials and resources;
- prerequisites that students may require for the target course;
- desired student experience for the course and overall pedagogy;
- course units, topics, and lessons; and
- assessment (traditional and performance-based tasks) and projects.
You will also create reports/presentations with the Lead ID including but not limited to the above information.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong social science skills (specialization or certification in U.S. History preferred; College Board training in AP U.S. History preferred)
- AP U.S. History teaching or tutoring experience (in US High School)
- Social studies/AP curriculum design and development
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Proficient in Google Apps and modern business tools, communication tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (Zoom, Google Meet).
5 years or more.
Experience in curriculum design, scope and sequence development, curriculum writing, assessment writing, quality online course criteria, academic standards alignment, and accessibility compliance.
Present or past AP U.S. History course building (design and development of content) for an online provider.
Please send a cover letter and resume/C.V. that combine to highlight the requirements outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line enter K12 SME: AP History – Your Name as the Subject Line. If your qualifications meet our needs, a member of our talent acquisition team will contact you directly.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.