Senior Technical Lead, K-12 (U.S.)
Department: K-12 & Assessment
Location: Work at home (preferable proximity to Pennsylvania)
The candidate will be primarily responsible for the development, enhancement, troubleshooting, and maintenance of a web-based video-conferencing application. The successful technical lead will have a track record of delivering complex projects, is solution-oriented, adaptable to changing environments, and able to succeed with minimal defined requirements. The ideal candidate must have rich experience in the design, development, and documentation of video products such as Jitsi. The candidate is expected to lead an Agile team of developers with hands-on experience implementing, testing, and debugging projects, as well as participating in team code/project reviews.
- Work with Architects and Business Analysts to understand business and technical requirements
- Set technical direction for the team and take responsibility to deliver quality code
- Work with QA team to help with the testing process and evaluate bugs and come up with fixes
- Responsible to ensure code adheres to Architecture and Design Pattern standards
- Effectively communicate with various stakeholders
- Mentor and educate other developers in the team
- Work at the lowest levels and taking the product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, and implementation and support
- Planning, designing, developing, testing, and implementing new feature functionality for software applications per customer or internal specifications
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and debugging defects in designated application code
- Experience participating in code reviews and making recommendations on requirements and best practices
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the full range of customer information/data management systems and related processes and protocols
- Able to resolve the difficult and complex challenges associated with the work performed
- Perform unit and system-level testing on their application and all affected systems.
- Deliver the required functionality in an agreed-upon timely manner/work in a modified Scrum environment
- BS Degree CS or MIS or equivalent experience in related roles
- Over 10+ years of experience of which at least 2 years should be in leading a team in an enterprise environment, working on complex projects
- Strong experience in Java related technologies, ReactJS and Redux
- Strong experience on AWS services like Cloudwatch, EC2 with Auto Scaling Groups and Policies, ECS Cluster implementations
- Implementation experience on Docker and containerization
- Experience in video conferencing product development; Jitsi preferred
- Solid understanding of, TypeScript, HTML5, CSS
- Experience working with APIs, Rest API, Azure / AWS Web Services
- Experience with streaming protocols – XMPP, WebRTC, RTP, and RTMP
- Extensive experience with Oracle 11 and above (4-5 years’ experience)
- Hands-on experience with technologies like PowerShell script
- Experience with working in a Scrum model with offshore team members
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Strong aspiration to learn new technologies
- Proven strong relationship-building and communication skills with team members and business users
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Zoom, Skype)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India and the USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/standup meetings
- Experience in the education industry highly preferred
- AWS certification highly preferred
- Ability to excel in a collaborative and distributed team environment
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being proactive in keeping their management informed of project-related issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry-level to senior leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Senior Technical Lead, K-12 (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.