Sales Development Representative – Lead Gen (U.S.)
Reports to: Senior Director / VP of Sales
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
We are seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help increase sales through prospecting, leads generation, leads validation, converting leads, and validating account potential for growth strategy for accounts. Candidates must have experience in presenting compelling and winning value propositions to prospective clients. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and understanding of sales processes, especially education technology products and solutions – selling services and selling products, focusing on custom solutions that meet the customer needs.
The SDR will mainly be responsible for researching, prospecting, lead generation, lead validation, and scheduling calls with the sales team. Candidates must have experience developing leads from marketing campaigns, using excellent communication skills to cultivate strong relationships, and presenting compelling and winning value propositions focusing on product sales that meet customer needs.
To be successful in this role you should have previous experience and understand sales processes, preferably in higher education technology products and solutions (online education a plus). Successful SDRs are competitive, motivated by results, and are passionate about postsecondary education, the sales process, and the solutions we provide to our clients.
Generate a significant quantity of quality leads to sales team members; ultimately boosting sales and contributing to our long-term business growth. This is an entry level Sales position with a base + variable compensation for meeting monthly objectives that are critical to the overall success of the company.
- Study the target market, grow and manage current pipeline and target list, and identify prospects and validate leads
- Understand LearningMate’s products, capabilities, services, and market offerings, and present them to prospective customers based on their needs
- Achieve monthly lead quotas; conduct a large volume of outreach (25-30 daily) to customers and prospects to gather information and initiate the first step in identifying those interested parties in learning more about the company’s products and services
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce.com and other required internal reporting systems, including comprehensive and up-to-date client information
- Proactively generate, qualify new and existing leads, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing your daily work schedule to research and call on potential sales opportunities.
- Conduct thorough research prior to engaging with prospects, through a mixture of outbound cold-calls, emails, following up on marketing campaigns social selling, and inbound inquiries
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and sales team; participate in product demos
- Engage in presales
- Collaborate with Marketing and leverage platforms like Pardot.
- Manage campaigns, outreach, communications, and track and monitor effectiveness.
- Other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Collaborate with sales, sales research and marketing teams
- Achieve quota assigned for prospecting (emails and calls) on a weekly basis
- Achieve quota assigned for meetings and client conversions on a monthly basis
- Achieve quota for account handovers on a monthly basis
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Meet and exceed annual goals and targets
- Record and monitor the success of all sales activities and pipeline reporting by detailing information on all activity in Salesforce.com and other CRM tools.
- Associate’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 2+ years lead generation experience cold calling and prospecting using the phone, email, and social media platforms. Experience with Software Services Sales in the higher education market or experience selling to state and local education agencies preferred.
- Excellent hunting skills and understanding of sales and inside sales processes.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- A strong sense of urgency, motivation and tenacious follow-up.
- Results-driven, self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- A passion for post-secondary education
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams would possibly require early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
- Proficient in Google Apps and modern business tools, sales CRMs (SalesForce preferred), communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (Zoom, Google Meet)
- Regularly sit, reach, and use hands to operate phone, computers and other office equipment; occasionally stand and walk. Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Sales Development Representative – Lead Gen (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.