Business Development Executive
Reports to: Senior Director of Business Development
Location: Remote (US-based, Eastern time zone preferred)
We are seeking a knowledgeable and confident salesperson with experience selling custom technical solutions to Higher Education institutions. You will be key in our outreach through prospecting, lead nurturing, validation, conversion, and top-of-the-funnel management. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Higher Education sales and purchasing process or curriculum development experience. You must be capable of identifying strategic accounts for growth and partnership. Confidence in presenting compelling and winning value propositions to prospective clients will be key to success in this role.
- Understand LearningMate services and market offerings and articulate the features and benefits based on customer needs.
- Identify potential requirements and additional opportunities within an account.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain a network of contacts and/or book of business from which to identify new sales leads.
- Work with the senior sales team on presentations, pipeline management, and account closure.
- Scheduling meetings and coordination with senior executives.
- Work cross-functionally with senior management, marketing, pre-sales, delivery, and research teams for client success.
- Work with sales leadership to develop strategies and messaging to drive opportunities for new business.
- Manage campaigns, outreach, and communications, and track and monitor effectiveness.
- Provide regular updates and reporting on accounts, opportunities, issues, and forecasts using SalesForce and /or HubSpot.
- Stay up-to-date with new products, services, and new pricing.
- Collaborate with global teams to achieve sales quota.
- Stay informed of trends in the education industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in consultative sales support or experience selling into Higher Education markets.
- Track record of achieving sales quotas. Experience with longer sales cycles and higher $ value TCV is a plus.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce and HubSpot).
- Excellent analytical skills and consultative selling ability.
- Excellent hunting skills and tenacious follow-up with prospects.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and occasionally travel for conferences and client meetings, which may include overnight travel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA with global customers. Coordination with the teams, primarily in India, requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
- The work environment is primarily indoors at home, the client’s office, or in other professional settings with minimal to moderate noise.
- When traveling, there may be some exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions, as well as potentially hazardous driving and traffic conditions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 25 lbs.