Position: Program Director, IT Date: Oct 2021
Reports to: AVP Engagement Management Location: Remote, US-based (East Coast preferred)
LearningMate’s K12 and Assessment unit provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech companies focused on K12. We are currently seeking a Program Director with Education domain experience to join our organization.
The Program Director will ensure LearningMate customers and employees receive consistent, streamlined guidance, resolution, and support by using industry-leading methodologies, standards, and development tools. The Program Director will quickly gain a deep knowledge of the products supported.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative, and hands-on Program Director who can coordinate simultaneous efforts across multiple development teams as well as put in place policies and processes that drive the quality of our software and support. The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams in startup environments as well as within more established companies, someone who can wear multiple hats and be strategic and tactical.
- Manage multiple, large, complex projects with several work-streams and coordinate complex cross-team timelines with multiple dependencies resulting in successful deliverables.
- Participate in the development of the project and program work plans, monitor workflow, and review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Track project progress toward on-time delivery.
- Report project delays and escalate to manager as needed, utilize risk management to minimize project risks.
- Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure services provided to clients’ projects and initiatives meet clients’ needs, expectations, and are value-add.
- Provide expertise on new learning approaches technology and tools through continuous research and practical organizational realities.
- Prioritize team projects and involvement to ensure critical business deadlines are met.
- Support the operations leadership teams by ensuring products and solutions developed are easy to deliver/ track and are continuously updated.
- Responsible for Program level status reporting for the weekly, monthly, steering committee cadence.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in project/program management including 5+ years of software development life cycle management experience working in a cross-functional environment with an ability to influence other teams to meet goals.
- Understanding of the K-12 environment, and education technology domain is highly preferred
- Must have experience in Agile-Scrum development methodologies.
- Understand big picture and inter dependencies of individual work streams to the success of the overall program.
- Manage work and cross-functional on-shore and off-shore teams for multiple tracks in technology and content development.
- Ability to effectively build and manage processes, tools and systems.
- Strong relationship-building, work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, facilitation, and negotiation skills.Strong presentation skills, translating ideas into clear written and visual materials/communication.
- Resourceful, self-directed ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being proactive in keeping their management informed of project-related issues.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, able to handle multiple projects and priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in M.S. Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Meet, and Zoom).
- Travel required (up to 25%) which may include overnight travel.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India and the US and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Program Director IT – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.