Outside Sales Representative, K-12 (U.S.)
Department: K-12 / Government
Location: U.S. based, remote with some travel
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to help increase sales through prospecting, product campaigns and product demonstrations, leads validation, converting leads, and validating account potential for growth strategy. Candidates must have experience in presenting compelling and winning value propositions to prospective clients for our products and potentially professional services. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and an understanding of sales processes, especially education technology products, and solutions.
The Outside Sales Representative will mainly be responsible for researching, prospecting, lead validation, product demonstrations, and contract negotiations. Candidates must have experience converting leads from marketing campaigns, possess excellent communication skills to cultivate strong relationships, and presenting compelling and winning value propositions focusing on product sales that meet customer needs.
To be successful in this role you should have previous experience and understand sales processes, preferably with education technology products and solutions (online education a plus). Successful Outside Sales Representatives are competitive, motivated by results, and are passionate about education, the sales process, and the solutions we provide to our clients.
Sell product licenses and associated professional services for our products, designed for state education agencies and school districts. Work closely with inside sales reps to generate and convert sales qualified leads. Work closely with marketing teams to convert marketing-qualified leads. Work closely with product teams to nurture, monitor, and convert product-qualified leads.
- Understand LearningMate’s products, capabilities, services, and market offerings, and present them to prospective customers based on their needs
- Study the target market, grow and manage current pipeline and target list, and identify prospects and validate leads
- Manage and conduct product campaigns, outreach, communications, and track and monitor effectiveness.
- Delivers competitive presentations and demonstrates product functionality.
- Supports Sales Managers/Directors at customer and prospect meetings by answering questions and demonstrating product functionality both formally and informally.
- Achieve monthly lead quotas; conduct a large volume of outreach (25-30 daily) to customers and prospects to gather information and initiate the first step in identifying those interested parties in learning more about the company’s products and services
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce.com and other required internal reporting systems, including comprehensive and up-to-date client information
- Proactively generate, qualify new and existing leads, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing your daily work schedule to research and call on potential sales opportunities.
- Conduct thorough research prior to engaging with prospects, through a mixture of outbound cold-calls, emails, following up on marketing campaigns social selling, and inbound inquiries
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and sales team; participate in product demos
- Engage in presales
- Collaborate with Marketing and leverage platforms like HubSpot
- Attends conferences, required training, conference calls and/or webinars.
- Other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Collaborate with sales, sales research and marketing teams
- Achieve quota assigned for prospecting (emails and calls) on a weekly basis
- Achieve quota assigned for meetings and client conversions on a monthly basis
- Achieve quota for account handovers on a monthly basis
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Meet and exceed annual goals and targets
- Record and monitor the success of all sales activities and pipeline reporting by detailing information on all activity in Salesforce.com and other CRM tools.
- Associate’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 4+ years outside sales experience including lead generation experience cold calling and prospecting using the phone, email, and social media platforms.
- 1+ years experience with Software Product and Sales in the education market or experience selling to state and local education agencies, schools and districts preferred.
- Excellent hunting skills and understanding of product and license sales and outside sales processes.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- A strong sense of urgency, motivation and tenacious follow-up.
- Results-driven, self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- A passion for K12 education.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. May include up to 40% travel, to include overnight travel.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
- Proficient in Google Apps and modern business tools, sales CRMs (HubSpot, SalesForce), communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (Zoom, Google Chat)
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, client office, or other professional settings; travel from site to site; exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions; and exposure to hazardous driving and traffic conditions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to regularly walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight up to 25 pounds.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Outside Sales Representative, K-12 (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.