K-12 Insights Subject Matter Expert (U.S.)
Location: Work from home (U.S.)
Reports to: Product Manager
The K12 Insights SME collaborates with Data Scientist and Data Architect teams to build LearningMate’s proprietary Frost Insights platform to help District Administrators, School Principals, and Teachers improve student engagement and identification of students at risk.
- Provide K12 State and District schools process-specific data and guidance in Academics, Assessment, Student Behavior, Content, Demographics and Engagement to support student success.
- Design and build Whole Child, Student at Risk, Student Engagement, Early Warning, and Student Intervention programs.
- Assist our internal teams identify patterns by algorithms and models.
- Collaborate and partner with Data scientists and Data Architects to enable common data science processes such as filtering and transforming data sets, model estimation, and model evaluation and are proficient in programming languages such as Python and R.
- Provide insight and answer queries on database software such as SQL, cloud solutions such as Azure, and ETL processes to prepare data, to stay current and knowledgeable.
- Deliver brilliant classroom training on all things Data Science in a range of industries and support learners to overcome technical challenges.
- Continually develop our Data Analytics course content and resource packages in collaboration with our Content Curriculum Team.
- Be pivotal to the success of our Data Analyst learners and timely completion of their courses.
- Develop and support our Product Development Team to be confident data scientists.
- Develop excellent stakeholder relationships with employers, learners, PDEs, our Operations Team, and Business Development Team.
- Partner with the Business Development Team on client questions relating to the course and its components.
- Ensure compliance requirements of apprenticeship standards are appropriately applied in an innovative and engaging way.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, data analytics or similar discipline.
- 5+ years related experience, preferably in Data Science and client-facing roles.
- Experience working with K12 School Districts including delivering classroom and/or web-based learning sessions via blended learning.
- Knowledge and practical experience with software and tools used in Data Science such as R, Python, KNIME and RapidMiner.
- Experience working with SaaS companies is a plus.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore teams in a global company is a plus.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, detail and deadline-oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility to build supportive relationships.
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems independently.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. LearningMate has offices in India, the UK and the US and serves global customers. Coordination with people in all time zones may be required, which requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings, as needed per project.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern browsers and business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Zoom)
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter K-12 Insights Subject Matter Expert (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.