Infrastructure Lead/Specialist, K-12 (U.S.)
Department: K-12 & Assessment
Location: Work at home (preferable proximity to Pennsylvania)
LearningMate is looking for an Infrastructure Lead/Specialist who is detail-oriented, proficient with new generation technologies and hardware, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. The Infrastructure Lead/Specialist will work with numerous software programs, teams, and other technical staff, and often need to do field analysis and maintenance. Responsibilities include periodic maintenance, upgrading and improving operating environments, creating repair strategies, standard operating procedures, and providing technical support and training to end-users. The successful Infrastructure Lead/Specialist should have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills, and extensive knowledge of data laws.
- Proficient in handling data center operations.
- Support enterprise application delivery platform as per standard operating procedures and support SLA.
- Administration and maintenance of servers on a virtual platform
- Handle Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), Vmware, NSX-T & VSan
- Re mediate Infrastructure issues using monitoring platform – Zabbix, Uptrends, Opsgenie
- Application performance monitoring tools – Stackify, Newrelic, etc
- Active Directory Administration
- Backup and Disaster Recovery – Avamar, Data Domain
- Operating System installation, configuration& patch management
- Firewall, Router, Switch installation and configuration
- Administer Centrally Managed WiFi – Mesh, point to point and point to multi point solutions
- Office 365 Administration
- Server Technologies such as Exchange online, SQL, IIS, Apache, Mysql, SharePoint, etc.
- VoIP Phone System install, configuration, repair, and support
- Website Hosting, administration & maintenance
- Cyber Security Defense and Unified Threat Management (UTM)
- Security event monitoring & reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Experienced in working in an education setting or similar environment, not required but preferred.
- Advanced organizational skills. Evaluate and recommend necessary changes in performance tuning, infrastructure design, and monitoring.
- Must know how to use database systems management software, enterprise resource planning software, and web platform development software.
- Undertake accountability & responsibility to install, configure, and maintain applications with IT infrastructure.
- Follow Incident, change, and problem management ITIL processes.
- Creation, maintenance, and provision of Datacenter inventory system, upgrades, documentation, and reports
- Actively participate & remediate issues during production downtime war-rooms
- Proficient in verbal and written English and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings, as needed to solve service issues.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Database Administration, Data Analytics, Information Systems or relevant field and/or equal experience and/or certifications.
- Good to have certifications (VCP, MCSE-Server, CISSP, CompTIA Server+ or Security+)
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Zoom, Skype)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India and the USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/standup meetings.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Infrastructure Lead/Specialist, K-12 (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.