Reports to: AVP Engagement Management
Work Location: On Site/Remote (US, East Coast preferred)
LearningMate provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech and publishing companies who are focused on the education markets. We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with new generation technologies and hardware, and flourishes in high-pressure environments.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer should have strong communication skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills. Candidates must be highly collaborative with all stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of client business data solutions requirements; design solutions aligned to our client’s vision and exceed expectations.
- Implement the IT infrastructure for framework, architecture, blueprint, standards, and guidelines that drive the design of system, enterprise application solutions, security and the integration of multiplatform computer infrastructure
- Improve Service operations for incident/event management for IT infrastructure
- Work with customer stakeholders to build and align service and Infrastructure design – SLAs and application availability
- Coordinate across other application technology leads and architects to align infrastructure technologies with the organization’s IT strategy and industry best practices
- Monitor systems performance/alerting, ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and providing recommendations for improvement and performs as an internal consultant, advocate, and change agent for their technology disciplines.
- Assist with execution of disaster recovery and performance drills along with LearningMate and customer supplier vendors (in case any)
- Remediate Infrastructure issues using monitoring platform – Zabbix, Uptrends, Opsgenie
- Usage of application performance monitoring tools – Stackify, Newrelic, etc to monitor critical applications
- Security event monitoring & reporting
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of overall experience with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Experienced in working in an education setting or similar environment, not required but preferred
- Advanced organizational skills. Evaluate and recommend necessary changes in performance tuning, infrastructure design and monitoring
- Follow Incident, change and problem management ITIL processes
- Experience working with containerization technologies and containerization orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure – AWS / Azure
- Proficient with segmentation, isolation, and micro segmentation networking concepts, Firewalls, NAT, SNAT, DNAT, and Load Balancing technologies
- Support IT infrastructure for enterprise application delivery platforms as per standard operating procedures and support SLA.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware
- Good knowledge of SysOps and participated in building automation scripts for Infrastructure code
- Actively participate & remediate issues during production downtime war-rooms
- Proficient in verbal and written English and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and be on-call, as needed to solve infrastructure issues.
- Preferred certifications (VCP, MCSE-Server, CISSP, CompTIA Server+ or Security+)
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. Travel required (up to 20%); will include some overnight travel. LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/standup meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, project management tools, Learning Management Systems, Content Management Systems, communication tools, mobile tools, and presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Zoom, Google Chat).
- Work environment is in a home office with minimal to moderate noise and no exposure to environmental elements. Regularly sit, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment; occasionally stand and walk. Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Infrastructure Engineer – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.