Hybrid Infrastructure Lead
Department: K12 & Assessment
Work Location: On-Site (Pennsylvania)/Remote (US-based)
LearningMate provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech and publishing companies who are focused on the education markets. We are looking for a detail-oriented Hybrid Infrastructure Lead, proficient with new generation technologies and hardware, and flourishes in high-pressure environments. The Hybrid Infrastructure Lead will work with numerous software programs, teams, and other technical staff to develop strategies, priorities, and direction for infrastructure systems and solutions for current and emerging technologies.
The successful Hybrid Infrastructure Lead should have good communication skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills, and extensive knowledge of data laws and security. This position requires strong leadership skills to lead/mentor the infrastructure team in developing and deploying technology solutions. Candidates must be highly collaborative with all stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of client business data solutions requirements, design solutions aligned to our client’s vision, and exceed expectations.
- Develops, modifies, and documents the framework, architecture, blueprint, standards and guidelines that drive the design of the system, application solutions, security, and the integration of multiplatform computer infrastructure.
- Improve service operations for incident/event management.
- Work along with customer stakeholders to build and align service and Infrastructure design – SLAs and application availability.
- Build standard operating process for event/incident management and SW update/upgrade.
- Coordinates across other technical leads and architects to align infrastructure technologies with the organization’s IT strategy and industry best practices.
- Monitor systems performance/alerting, ensures capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and providing recommendations for improvement and performs as an internal consultant, advocate, and change agent for their technology disciplines.
- Review service change management and communicate to LearningMate stakeholders periodically.
- Work closely with the customer and LearningMate releasement manager for release and deployment management.
- Responsible for planning and executing disaster recovery and performance drills.
- Provides input on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Gives expert guidance in the analysis design and deployment of the IT infrastructure platform, including system software, utilities, and hardware.
- Remediate infrastructure issues using monitoring platform – Zabbix, Uptrends, Opsgenie.
- Application performance monitoring tools – Stackify, Newrelic, etc.
- Keeps current on laws, mandates, issues, practices and procedures.
- Cybersecurity defense and unified threat management (UTM).
- Security event monitoring & reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Minimum 10 – 12 years of overall experience with at least 2 yrs. in a similar role.
- Experienced in working in an education setting or similar environment, not required but preferred.
- Advanced organizational skills. Evaluate and recommend necessary changes in performance tuning, infrastructure design, and monitoring.
- Undertake accountability & responsibility to install, configure and maintain applications with IT infrastructure.
- Follow Incident, change and problem management ITIL processes.
- Applied experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from the cloud to on-prem, including provisioning the target infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system downtime.
- Experience working with containerization technologies and containerization orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure – AWS / Azure.
- Proficient with segmentation, isolation, and micro-segmentation networking concepts, firewalls, NAT, SNAT, DNAT, and load balancing technologies.
- Support enterprise application delivery platform as per standard operating procedures and support SLA.
- Handle hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), Vmware, NSX-T & VSan.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware.
- Good knowledge of SysOps and participated in building automation scripts for Infrastructure code.
- Conducted independent security audits for infrastructure.
- Actively participate & remediate issues during production downtime war-rooms.
- Proficient in verbal and written English and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings, as needed to solve infrastructure issues.
- Preferred certifications (VCP, MCSE-Server, CISSP, CompTIA Server+ or Security+).
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, influential, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, motivated, self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to handle multiple priorities and projects with demanding timeframes; adaptable and able to pivot quickly.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision.
- Travel required (up to 50%), may include overnight travel.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global clients. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning calls/meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat/Meet & Currents, Zoom.)
- The work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Hybrid Infrastructure Lead – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.