Google Data Solutions Architect (Contract-US)
Department: Government Solutions
Reports to: VP, Government Solutions
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
LearningMate’s purpose is to enable people to thrive so education institutions (K12, Higher-Ed, and Corporate education) can thrive. We believe that the work you do should matter – it should be meaningful to you professionally and personally, and it should have a positive impact on you and our clients. We are committed to creating an incredible experience where passionate and determined people can do extraordinary things. If you love data, like to solve problems, want to work with amazing people, and create new technology — then this is the place for you.
In this position, you will provide strategic guidance and solution architectures to clients Google and AWS cloud platforms, data warehousing (BigQuery), data transformation, education intelligence enabling our customer data platforms. This role will also involve supporting program implementation, consulting, and business development. You will support our education presales team members crafting statements of work, estimating project costs, and developing go-to-market solutions and services. Internally the role will involve mentoring internal data engineers, developing their capabilities, delivering best practices, etc. To be successful in this role, you thrive as a strategic thinker, a people leader, and provide engineering delivery excellence.
Start Date: June 2021
End Date: October 1st, 2021 with the possibility of extension
Hours per week: 40+ (Contract US)
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with business development and client management team members to provide sales support and subject matter expertise in the realm of data engineering.
- Understand the data technology landscape providing vision on new technologies and engineering capability needs.
- Create and deliver solution architectures on data technologies to support client’s business needs.
- Develop and mentor other data engineers on the team and oversee the delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with other members of their engagement teams to plan engagements and develop project plans and work programs, timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Document all architecture design and analysis work.
- Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design. defines and implements project-level technical standards, guidelines, metrics, architectures, and processes.
- Work with client personnel to ensure the system architectures meet the scalability, reliability, testability, integration, and flexibility requirements of the client.
- Other as apparent or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, MIS, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience creating and delivering Google BigQuery data solution architecture and strategies
- Experience implementing Google Cloud solutions in an enterprise environment, including but not limited to BigQuery, Bigtable, Google Compute, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, and Cloud Composer
- Strong understanding of how to author, schedule, and monitor pipelines that span across hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Industry expertise in modern, forward-looking trends and technologies: serverless computing, machine learning, open-source big data frameworks
- Cloud data warehouse services experience: Google Cloud, Snowflake, Redshift, or Athena
- Deep experience with either Google Cloud Products (specifically BigQuery), Snowflake, or Redshift
- Data integration and Big Data platform experience
- A clear understanding of optimization requirements for Data Lakes
- Expertise with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar, and NoSQL (i.e., Google Data Studio, AWS Lambda, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB)
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e., conceptual, logical, and physical model design – with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling such as Star and Snowflake)
- Experience managing engagement teams and provide technical leadership in the assessment, design, and management of successful I.T. improvement programs in collaboration with clients
- Willing and able to roll up their sleeves get your hands dirty to mentor and teach upcoming developers and ensure program, solution, product delivery success
- Ability to be hands-on and implement solutions alongside other team members
- Proven strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting
- Proven strong relationship-building and communication skills with team members and business users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in M.S. Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Meet, and Zoom)
- Travel required (up to 10%) primarily Midwest and Southeast states; will include some overnight travel.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India and the USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/meetings
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Google Data Solutions Architect (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.