Reports to: Program Manager or TBD
Location: Remote (US-based)
LearningMate provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech and publishing companies who are focused on the education markets. The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for engaging closely with our offshore technical team and IT leadership of US-based clients to provide and recommend architectural frameworks, and technology solutions (i.e., tools, build vs. buy) for our clients’ enterprise education intelligence initiatives. In depth knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks and deep exposure to Microsoft based technologies is essential. This position requires strong leadership skills to lead/mentor the architectural team in developing and deploying technology solutions. Candidates must be highly collaborative with all stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of client business data solutions requirements, design solutions aligned to our client’s vision and exceed expectations.
- Lead and coordinate enterprise level architecture development efforts on client engagements, specific experience developing enterprise level applications/systems architectures, information architectures, and infrastructure architectures in the education services industry is critical
- Provide direction for approaches to broad architectural concerns impacting various areas of client’s business and translate corporate strategy into conceptual level architectural requirements
- Facilitate discussions with technical and business subject-matter resources to document requirements, establish a vision, and articulate alternatives for future state enterprise architectures across various architecture domains
- Manage engagement teams and provide technical leadership in the assessment, design, and management of successful IT improvement programs in collaboration with clients
- Provide architectural leadership to Solutions Architects and Technical Architects
- Engage with client IT leadership and Architecture leadership to prepare roadmap for client as well as articulate tradeoffs regarding architectural decisions
- Build trusted relationships as a strategic technology advisor with clients, and work internally across advisory teams to help provide clients the most comprehensive, end-to-end business and IT transformation services to effectively address their business challenges
- Collaborate with other members of client engagement teams to plan engagements and develop project plans and work programs, timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and technology organizations
- Develop and use EA artifacts to effectively communicate with both technical and business audiences
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, MIS or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience as an Enterprise Architect utilizing accepted EA methodologies
- 7+ years’ experience as a Solutions or Systems Architect in applications
- Experience working or consulting in the education industry
- Experience working with onshore/offshore teams in a global company.
- Broad knowledge across key architecture domains (portal, app, data, infrastructure, integration/middleware, security)
- Knowledge of core technologies, including open standards, database, and integration technologies
- Enterprise Architecture organizational design understanding
- Enterprise Architecture governance development (standards, guidelines, compliance processes, review boards, etc.)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design and governance development
- Experience with Microsoft Technology stack
- Experience in developing solution offerings and capabilities preferred. Demonstrated history of partnering with other business and IT advisory practices to develop an integrated go-to-market approach
- Experience in microservice based architecture patterns
- Experience in implementing microservices
- Experience in migrating monolithic applications to microservices
- Ability to conduct technical reviews of architecture
- Knowledge of containerization and containerization orchestration especially with respect to on-premises implementations
- Experience in various systems integrations
- Deep knowledge of enterprises architecture frameworks like Zachman
- TOGAF certification is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to bring order to ambiguous situations; candidates must be able to document issues and requirements, and through concrete analysis and insights, determine root causes and develop improvement plans
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility to build supportive relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being proactive in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision.
- Travel required (up to 50%), may include overnight travel.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global clients. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning calls/meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat/Meet & Currents, Zoom.)
- The work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Enterprise Architect – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.