Director, Product Management
Reports to: CTO
Location: U.S. based, work from home with some travel
At LearningMate we are proud to offer innovative products that meet the wants and needs of our customers. To help us expand our offerings, we are in search of an experienced product management focused leader to lead our development team, nurturing ideas into products by identifying consumer needs aligned to our business vision. As an ideal candidate, you will have a keen eye for gaps in consumer product offers and the innovative mindset to fill them. You are a highly skilled market analyst with a proven ability to strategize the full lifecycle of product production – from conception to release. You are a confident leader who has experience guiding cross-functional teams in the successful creation of products that improve consumer experience and grow market share.
- Define Products Division mission, own and drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams; create and maintain the product roadmap, requirements, specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for production introduction.
- Analyze consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective
- Researches customers’ needs by identifying white spaces and obtaining market information, assesses competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they are successfully achieved
- Develop, implement and maintain production timetables across multiple departments
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans, prioritize based on demand analysis
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans; act as a broker in developing end to end solution
- Collaborate closely with Business, Sales, Marketing & Product Engineering on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates LearningMate and its features across primary market segments
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction (CSAT)
- Establish and maintain budget and financial planning, Product P&L and ROI
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements
- Identify and manage program blocking issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical or operational constraints.
- Work with designers to optimize product features for enhanced user experience.
- Contribute to the Portfolio and Platform strategies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works closely with Product Development/Release Manager to deliver quality Product to market.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Sales enablement and training
- Work on product positioning strategies with marketing
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Responsible for creating marketing collaterals
- Bachelor’s degree in product design or engineering, an MBA preferred
- 10 years’ or more related experience;
at least 10+ years in S/w technology based Product Management
- 3+ years’ experience guiding portfolios, product lines, and budgeting in agile methods.
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development cycle
- Education domain knowledge and managed education technology based product experience preferred Domain Knowledge and Managed Education Technology based Products
- Experience transitioning multiple release trains in complex environments, working with offshore teams.
- Knowledge of project management practices in an agile environment. SAFe 4.5+ knowledge and experience is preferable
- Proven ability to think strategically, and to communicate the strategy to a large organization.
- Experience with Change Management and learning is essential.
- Conversant with at least one industry leading Product Management Framework
- Preferred – Product Management or Advanced Agile Certification
- Conversant with various research techniques
- Experience in using of various tools, scoring frameworks etc.
- Exposure to Digital Marketing
- Requirements Analysis and converting it to product features, wireframes and prototypes
- Experience in product pricing, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Pre-Sales champion, Proposal creation and bid defense
- Maintaining outbound communication to media, regulators and peer groups
- Ability to manage multiple large transformational programs and associated change management.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, detail and deadline-oriented
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team oriented environment.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility to build supportive relationships
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems independently
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. Travel required (up to 20%), may include overnight travel.
- LearningMate has offices in India, the UK and the US and serves global customers. Coordination with people in all time zones may be required, which requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings, as needed per project.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern browsers and business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Zoom)
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Director, Product Management – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.