Director, Learning Design, K-12 (U.S.)
Department: K-12 & Assessment
Location: Work from home (U.S.)
Reports to: VP, K12 Product Solutions
Lead the development and deployment of content solutions for K-12 products to help establish a marketable vision for clients. Employ knowledge and understanding of sound product management, content architecture practices (e.g., metadata tagging, taxonomy management, platform enhancement), and client relationship management to ensure that LearningMate services are of the highest educational quality. Collaborate closely with the other teams in content, product development, and engineering teams to develop products, processes, and services that meet the business needs of the company. Create proof-of-concept demonstrations, attend account meetings, ensure high-quality deliverables, and use a consultative approach to provide a superior level of service to our customers. Contribute to training and professional development plans to ensure a seamless connection between products and client training and support.
- Design and build content architecture (e.g., content framework, blueprints, and templates).
- Lead the team in the design and development of programs and courseware with research-based pedagogical and instructional models.
- Identify and prioritize proactive and reactive updates to support design and development according to client and internal expectations.
- Use a consultative client approach to provide ongoing solutions, service, and support while managing client expectations and implementing action plans where needed; resolve customer issues and develop best practices to mitigate future issues; recommend additional products and services based on needs and program evaluations.
- Liaise between the client and internal teams; support the assignments of internal team, freelancers, project management, and development resources, i.e., ensuring we have the right talent and resources; ensuring blueprints are created for subject areas.
- Provide thoughtful leadership by analyzing enterprise business contexts (trends and business strategy) as well as technology evolutions to derive the Content Architecture and Learning Design future state.
- Develop, manage, and maintain an enterprise Content Architecture strategy and roadmap.
- Work with Business Analysts, SMEs, IDs, UI, UX, and Design teams when applicable to design, develop, and deliver the features and functionalities of adaptive learning products.
- Create strategies and roll out the implementation of structured and reusable content using an Agile methodology.
- Understand and communicate how the Content Architecture interacts, supports, and integrates with other technologies and information systems and when in the timeline for the course roadmap strategy.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives.
- Lead program monitoring and quality assurance activities to ensure that the plan is implemented successfully and the program/project schedule, quality, and financials are on track to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Contribute to provide professional development solutions so clients can take ownership of their professional learning in ways that directly impact their students.
- Contribute to and or manage proposal efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Analyze requirements and provide appropriate solution(s).
- Problem-solve daily process issues; address red flags, schedule concerns, and resource issues.
- Proactively address problems and identify opportunities and solutions for increasing client satisfaction.
- Estimate effort and cost for aspects of the projects. Understand the financials, budget, and profit margins.
- Strategize in developing and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and report on the performance of LearningMate services and products as used by clients.
- Support all and manage some internal and freelance teams to bring projects to completion within specified deadlines and budget. The ability to lead through influence is critical.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients.
Knowledge and Experience (requirements, plus preferred, if any):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary or Secondary Education (Math, English, Science), Curriculum and Instruction or Instructional Design. Master’s preferred.
- 7 or more years of related experience working in K-12, including adaptive learning, personalized learning, instructional design, curriculum development and management, digital content, and user experience design.
- Experience leading virtual teams and working with onshore/offshore teams is a plus.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to manage freelancers and vendors effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience preparing and delivering presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, problem solving, and flexibility in approaching problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, adept at prioritizing tasks, able to handle multiple priorities with demanding time frames and delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical operational levels.
- Strong analytical, planning, and budgeting skills.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. Travel required (up to 50%); will include some overnight travel. LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning calls/meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, project management tools, Learning Management Systems, Content Management Systems, communication tools, mobile tools, and presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Zoom, Google Chat)..
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Regularly sit, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment; occasionally stand and walk.
- Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 10 lbs.
- Work environment is in a home office with minimal to moderate noise and no exposure to environmental elements.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Director, Learning Design, K-12 (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.