Director, Cyber Security (U.S)
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
In this new role, the Director, Cyber Security is responsible for managing the risks of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of LearningMate and its customers’ intellectual property and information technology assets. This I.T. leader will be dedicated to information security and compliance, responsible for developing and enforcing LearningMate’s security compliance policies, strategies, and adherence to legal requirements and I.T. standards. The position oversees and directs information security programs and security efforts across the company, encompassing information technology, communications, legal, intellectual, and personnel data and systems as well as designing and implementing preventative security standards, procedures, and programs.
This role is also responsible for establishing and enforcing policies and protocols that protect the organization’s digital and physical assets and will lead a team of I.T. security professionals who investigate possible cyber-crime or data breaches and monitor information security risks. This role will address security incidents through policy and protocol, conduct investigations of security breaches and work with department heads and human resources on communication and corrective action about and internet and computer discretions, crimes, and cyber fraud.
We are looking for a leader who exhibits a passion in information security, has proven people leadership skills, a customer-centric focus, analytical problem-solving skills, the ability to quickly make recommendations and data-driven decisions to execute operational excellence.
- Set the vision, implement, enhance, and manage security tools and technologies to identify and protect LearningMate assets, detect security incidents, and rapidly respond and recover.
- Lead a geographically diverse set of teams in the development and implementation of information security services and solutions.
- Maintain clear and constant communication of objectives, status, and outcomes to all relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Recruit, empower, mentor, and lead a team of security engineers and professionals.
- Drive data-informed decisions to support conclusions and ideas.
- Promote innovative thinking with a curiosity for problem-solving and hands-on contribution within the team.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, or Information Technology.
- 10+ years’ experience in cybersecurity (or similar field) including 5 years as an engineering manager with supervisory responsibilities. Experience in a large-scale SaaS operations environment, monitoring and securing enterprise I.T. infrastructure for a large global workforce is preferred.
- Deep understanding and experience in operating security controls in public cloud environments like AWS and GCP, I.T. environment, SaaS products, government cloud environments, and production on-prem data centers.
- Advanced, hands-on information security technical skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with industry security frameworks (such as NIST) is desired.
- Proficient in working with systems, networks, and application vulnerability testing.
- Ability to manage complex security scenarios and develop innovative solutions to address cyber threats.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong relationship-building and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates colleagues to focus their energy on achieving business goals.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. Travel required (up to 10%), may include overnight travel.
- Proficient in M.S. Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Meet and Zoom).
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India, UK and the US and global customers. Coordination with people in all time zones may be required, which requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings, as needed per project.
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, company office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Director, Cyber Security (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.