Director, Content Development: K-12 (U.S.)
Department: Content Services
Location: Work from Home (U.S.), Proximity to PA is desired
LearningMate seeks a Director of Content Development to help support the growth of this dynamic practice area. You are a strong and personable leader who knows that success is built on a foundation of great relationships, effective teamwork, excellent listening skills, superlative communication, and an innovative, solution-oriented approach. This involves using a consultative client management process; building and maintaining strong ties with clients and prospects; listening to their needs and delivering customized solutions; anticipating their future needs and advising LearningMate leadership on how to improve our offering to better serve those clients. It is up to you to translate client challenges and objectives into strategic concepts and solutions that help our clients attain their business objectives.
- Coordinates and manages the day-to-day execution of client projects in ELA, social studies, science, math, and elective disciplines and include Special Education offerings and adaptive, personalized learning approaches to content. Recommends and creates content for parents, teachers, and administration when necessary.
- Uses consultative client interaction providing ongoing service and support while managing the customers’ expectations and implementing action plans where needed; resolves customer issues and develops best practices to mitigate future issues; recommends additional products and services based on needs and program evaluations.
- Manages the assignments of internal and Freelance Project Management and Development Resources.
- Liaise between the customer and internal teams.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and meet key milestones, to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization, and technically contribute to the development of the process solutions.
- Program monitoring and control activities to ensure that the plan is implemented successfully, and the program/ project schedule, quality and financials are on track to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Be the “face” of LearningMate K12 Content for the client ensuring that the project SOW is delivered meeting quality requirements, on-time and to budget.
- Analyze requirements and provide appropriate solution(s).
- Problem-solves daily process issues; addresses red-flags, schedule concerns, and resource issues.
- Proactively address problems and identify opportunities and solutions for increasing client satisfaction.
- Estimate effort and cost for the projects.
- Strategize with the K-12 team in developing and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and report on the performance of LearningMate services and products as used by clients.
- Supervise internal and freelance teams to bring projects to completion within specified deadlines and budgets.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients.
- Understand editorial budget and profit margins.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Math or Science; Master’s in Education preferred.
- 10 or more years’ related experience working with academic or professional ELA, Science and Math content in an Academic or Publishing environment in K-12.
- Experience in developing and managing pre-K-12 digital, supplemental, adaptive learning, and print and digital diagnostic assessment products.
- Solid copyediting and proofreading experience.
- Experience leading large virtual teams and working with onshore/offshore teams is highly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills that motivate colleagues to focus their energy on achieving business goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to influence others.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity.
- Strong problem-solving ability and flexibility approaching problems; strong collaborative and motivational skills when working with internal and external teams; customer service-oriented skills when working with the client.
- Ability to manage external vendors and freelancers effectively.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, and able to delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Strong analytical, budgeting and planning skills; ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical operational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. LearningMate has offices in India, the UK and the US and serves global customers. Coordination with people in all time zones may be required, which demands early morning or late evening calls/meetings, as needed per project.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight, up to 25%.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern browsers and business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Meet, Zoom, Skype)
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Director, Content Development: K-12 (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.