Curriculum Manager, Mathematics K-12 (U.S.)
Department: Content Services
Location: Work from Home (U.S.), Proximity to PA is desired
You are a strong and personable leader who knows that success is built on a foundation of great relationships, effective teamwork, excellent listening skills, superlative communication, and an innovative, solution-oriented approach. This involves using a consultative client management process, listening to their needs, and delivering customized solutions.
You will be part of designing and building an adaptive learning mathematics program for K-12. You are an advanced mathematician who has the ability to think in entirely new ways. You will lead the design and development of math courses for personalized adaptive learning beginning with grades K-8.
- Coordinate and manage the day-to-day execution of curriculum-related tasks for the mathematics adaptive learning project.
- Use consultative client interaction to provide ongoing service and support while managing client expectations and implementing action plans where needed. Work with the project manager to resolve customer issues and develop best practices to mitigate future issues.
- Lead the design of the instructional model, course structure blueprint (adaptive), and assessment blueprint.
- Lead the curriculum mapping with adaptive features, scope and sequencing, and recommendation rules.
- Support the design and development of offline and online templates for curriculum development.
- Lead the development of content by authoring (design and write clear, engaging, interactive lessons and components) or back-editing of content when authored by other SMEs/IDs to ensure lessons, problems, feedback, and solutions are mathematically correct.
- Support the design of the orientation, training, and PD approach for all stakeholders.
- Support internal stakeholders with training materials for user testing, pilots, and implementation.
- Interface with product owners, subject matter experts, instructional designers, content editors, copy editors, accessibility experts, machine learning team, and project managers, both internal and freelance.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and meet key milestones, to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization, and to technically contribute to the development of process solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Analyze requirements and provide appropriate solution(s) related to an adaptive mathematics curriculum.
- Problem-solve daily process issues; highlight red-flags and help solutioning (e.g., scheduling concerns, content concerns).
- Build tools for curriculum mapping, planning, scope & sequencing, authoring, and recommendation rules.
- Build templates for writers (authors) and instructional designers to create offline and online content.
- Author mathematics content.
- Back-edit mathematics content.
- Support estimation efforts and costs for projects.
- Support internal and freelance teams to bring projects to completion within specified deadlines and budget.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math; Master’s in Education or Mathematics preferred.
- K-12 math teaching. Public or public charter school experience preferred. Virtual school experience is a plus.
- 5 or more years of related experience working with academic or professional math content in an Academic or Publishing environment in K-12. Digital content publishing preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing pre-K-12 digital, supplemental, adaptive learning, and print and digital products.
- STEM experience preferred.
- Math Workshop Model experience preferred.
- Experience leading virtual teams and working with onshore/offshore teams is a plus.
- Solid copyediting and proofreading experience.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity.
- Ability to manage external vendors and freelancers effectively.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving ability and flexibility approaching problems; strong collaborative and motivational skills when working with internal and external teams; customer service-oriented skills when working with clients.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, and able to delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. Travel required (up to 25%); will include some overnight travel. LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning calls/meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., JoinMe, Google Hangout, Skype). Proficient in tools like Visio, Draw.io, and Miro is a plus.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Curriculum Manager, Mathematics K-12 (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.