Copy Editor, K-12 (Contract – U.S.)
Reports to: Program Manager or Director
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
Experienced copy editor who has successfully copyedited K-12 textbooks or other instructional material to work on client’s online platform. LMS experience a must. Prefer someone comfortable working on a wide range of subjects and grade levels. The copy editor ensures editorial quality and consistency for all content, and collaborates with content edit and other project teams to enhance readability, maintain style consistency, and identify/correct grammatical and typographical errors in both written content and multimedia.
- Read through online lessons, making changes as necessary in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, syntax, and tone/voice.
- Review style and lesson components against client style guide, copyediting checklist, and writing guidelines.
- Use provided project management tool to record the status of work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Keen eye for correct grammar, spelling, and style inconsistencies
- Experience working with client style guides and Chicago Manual of Style
- Knowledge of editing and proofreading
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Sheets
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to use online meeting software, such as Zoom and Google Meetings
- Above-average performance on the LearningMate copyediting test
- Knowledge of K-12 editorial processes and workflows
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line enter Copy Editor, K-12 – Your Name. If your qualifications meet our needs, a member of our talent acquisition team will contact you directly.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.