Content Development Manager, Nursing and Health Professions
Reports to: Director of Content Development
Location: Remote, US-based (northeast corridor preferred)
Department: Content, Higher Education
The Content Development Manager, Nursing and Health Professions is an editorial position responsible for hands-on development of higher education content and assessment; management of freelancer development editors, subject-matter experts, and other professionals; working with the Director of Content Development, as well as members of the Content and Project Management teams, to deliver high quality content services, on time and on budget, for all assigned projects; and working directly with clients to plan and execute projects.
- Directs and ensures content compliance to standards on assigned projects; reviews materials from freelancers and provides feedback to manage quality of work.
- Works with the client and the Director of Content Development to ensure the integrity of content, including reviewing and querying on client inputs.
- Develops and maintains project guidelines to ensure product consistency and quality.
- Qualifies and selects freelance editors for projects based on content expertise, skill, credentials, and availability.
- Develops training materials and conducts live and recorded trainings of team members, as necessary.
- Reviews materials from freelance and staff editors, provides feedback to manage quality of work.
- Works with Sourcing to identify and recruit Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Instructional Designers (IDs).
- Maintains communication with internal project team members and informs the team of content issues that will impact the project’s budget, schedule, or quality.
- Participates in status meetings with client (along with PM); includes progress reporting for scope of work and schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Education, or related fields. Alternatively, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or other healthcare field with additional editorial or content development experience. Graduate degree preferred
- 8 or more years’ higher education content and assessment development experience, preferably in nursing and health professions, within an educational publisher, development house, and/or as a professional freelancer
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and facilitate content development
- Excellent ability to interact and partner with clients
- Strong problem-solving ability and flexibility approaching problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning calls/meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat/Meet & Currents, Zoom.) Educational technology a plus. Work environment is primarily indoors at home, client office or other professional settings with minimal to moderate noise and no exposure to environmental elements.
- Regularly sit, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment; occasionally stand and walk.
- Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Content Development Manager, Nursing and Health Professions – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.