Content Development Manager, HE (U.S.)
Reports to: Content Development Manager
Department: Content, Higher Education
Location: Work from Home, Northeast Corridor Preferred (U.S.)
The Content Development Manager is an editorial position at LearningMate responsible for hands-on development of higher education content and assessment; management of freelancer development editors, subject-matter experts, and other professionals; working with the Director of Content Development, as well as members of the Content and Project Management teams, to deliver high-quality content services, on time and on budget, for all assigned projects; and working directly with clients to plan and execute projects.
- Directs and ensures content compliance to standards on assigned projects; reviews materials from freelancers and provides feedback to manage quality of work.
- Works with the client and the Director of Content Development to ensure the integrity of content.
- Develops and maintains project guidelines to ensure product consistency and quality.
- Participates in qualifying/selecting writers and editors for projects based on content expertise, skill, credentials, and availability.
- Maintains communication with internal project team members and informs the team of content issues that will impact the project’s budget, schedule, or quality.
- Participates in status meetings with client (along with PM); includes progress reporting for scope of work and schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Education, or related fields.
- At least 8 years content and assessment development experience, preferably in Higher Education, within an educational publisher, development house, and/or as a professional freelancer.
- Excellent ability to interact and partner with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and facilitate content development.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Meet, Zoom, Skype). Educational technology a plus.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India requires periodic early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, client office or other professional settings with minimal to moderate noise and no exposure to environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Content Development Manager, HE (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.