Reports to: Enterprise architect
Work Location: Remote, US-based (PA & nearby states)
We are looking for a Cloud architect who is detail-oriented, proficient with both the major cloud providers – AWS and Azure, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. The Cloud architect will work with various application and infrastructure teams, both from LearningMate and the customer. Responsibilities include identifying the best Cloud model(Iaas or PaaS) for various applications as they migrate to the cloud and work with customer stakeholders for adoption to the cloud. The successful Cloud architect should have excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Planning for cloud adoption and application migration to Cloud
- Cloud application design
- Cloud management and monitoring
- Identify right cloud services for optimization of operating cost
- Estimating cloud infrastructure costs
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue
- Collaborate with other members of their engagement teams
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and technology organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years or more experience in a similar role; working with offshore teams is a plus.
- Primary skills
- Strong experience in Azure and AWS cloud
- Thorough knowledge of containerization and container orchestration frameworks like Rancher
- Experience in application development using Microsoft technologies
- Good knowledge on security OAuth 2.0, JWT
- Good understanding and technical expertise in Microservices architectures
- Experience in enterprise architecture frameworks like Togaf, Zachman is desirable. Certification in Togaf and Zachman will be added advantage
- Knowledge of Operating System – The candidates must have a good understanding of the operating systems such as Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows
- Good understanding of networking concepts – Having proper knowledge of TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, Load balancing and DNS
- Experience on working with microservices is preferred
- Must have desire to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Thorough understanding of web technologies and web application development
- Cloud security, data security, secure coding practices and web application security
- Fundamentals of databases
- Secondary skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Build Management & CI CD implementation using TFS or Jenkins.
- Experience with virtualization is desired(example knowledge of VMWARE enterprise implementations
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff at all levels to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs.
- Passion for technology, keeping up with new trends and recommending best practices with implementation plans.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team, management and all users.
- Resourceful,self-directed ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being proactive in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in M.S. Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Meet and Zoom)
- Travel required (up to 20%) which may include some overnight travel.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours. LearningMate has offices in India and the US and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Cloud Architect – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.