Position: Business Development Representative Enterprise – Workforce Development
Date: September 2021
Reports to: Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Workforce Development
Location: Remote (US based, East Coast or Central preferred)
The Business Development Representative is responsible for developing and managing new enterprise sales generation through prospecting, lead generation, lead validation, lead conversion, and top-of-the-funnel management. The position will also require identifying enterprise accounts for strategic large account growth and partnership.
Candidates must have:
- Experience in presenting compelling and winning value propositions to prospective clients.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of sales processes, selling services and products, focusing on custom solutions that meet the customer needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Build a solid enterprise sales and lead generation plan that will exceed sales goals
- Continually build sales pipeline qualified leads & prospects
- Build and maintain a network of enterprise contacts from which to build and identify new sales leads
- Own and manage the sales pipeline from discovery to close
- Understand LearningMate services and market offerings, articulate the features and benefits based on customer needs
- Identify potential requirements and additional opportunities within an account
- Work with the senior sales team on presentations, pipeline management and account closure.
- Provide regular updates and reporting on accounts, opportunities, issues, and forecasts using SalesForce and /or HubSpot
- Work cross-functional with senior management, marketing, pre-sales team, delivery team, and research team for client success
- Manage campaigns, outreach, communications, and track and monitor effectiveness.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Stay up-to-date with new products, 6services and new pricing. Collaborate with global teams to achieve sales quota
- Stay abreast on trends in the enterprise commercial and L&D industry
- Work with sales leadership to develop strategies and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, business or related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in L&D or Commercial Enterprise Sales. . Experience selling into Enterprise accounts. Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Experience with multiple sales techniques, including cold calls, prospecting and hunting
- Curious, desire to be coached and mentored into senior sales role
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce and HubSpot)
- Excellent analytical skills and consultative selling ability
- Excellent hunting skills and tenacious following up with prospects
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel (up to 25%) occasionally for conferences and client meetings which may include overnight travel
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, client office or other professional settings with minimal to moderate noise.
- When traveling there may be exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions; and exposure to potential hazardous driving and traffic conditions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 25 lbs.