Assessment Writers – Medical Assisting (Contract – U.S.)
Reports to: Program Manager or Director
Department: Content, Higher Education
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
We have multiple contract opportunities for freelance assessment writers with experience in clinical and/or administrative Medical Assisting content.
The primary scope of work is collaborating with faculty at one of our US Higher Education Clients to develop objective-based knowledge checks and summative assessment items in medical assisting based on blueprints available from the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
For this engagement, we require assessment writers who have:
- Excellent objective assessment writing skills
- Experience developing objective/autoscored-assessment items with feedback/rationales for healthcare-related subject matter.
- Knowledge of clinical medical assisting content and/or medical administrative assisting content
- Clinical Medical Assistant course topics include EKG, Phlebotomy, and Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assistant topics include electronic health records, scheduling, patient intake, compliance, patient education, office policies and procedures, and basic medical terminology.
- Specific experience developing items for certification test-preps preferred.
- Experience working with community college faculty
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four or more years’ experience in healthcare assessment writing
- Experience following detailed test blueprints
- Experience writing items that align to specific learning objectives
- Experience adhering to style guides
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams in India may require early morning or late evening calls/meetings
- Proficient in MS Office 365, Google Applications, and video conferencing apps (i.e., Google Chat, Zoom)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line enter Assessment Writers – Medical Assisting – Contract (U.S.) – Your Name. If your qualifications meet our needs, a member of our talent acquisition team will contact you directly.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.