Alt-Text Proofreader, K-12 (Contract – U.S.)
Reports to: Program Manager or Director
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
Proofreads alt-text written by alt-text writers for all images. Ensures adherence to alt-text guidelines and checks readability and accuracy against images on the client’s online platform, as well as confirming correct placement.
- Check accessibility by reviewing the alt text for all images, making changes as needed, and recording changes in provided spreadsheet.
- Migrate any EDITED alt-text descriptions to the client’s online platform.
- Use Smartsheets tool to record the status of work.
- HS diploma
- Keen eye for details
- Ability to follow explicit instructions
- Prior experience proofreading educational content
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Sheets
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to use online meeting software, such as Zoom and Google Meetings
SOW – Scope:
- Proofread the alt text for each image that has been entered in the course’s excel spreadsheet against the images on the client’s platform.
- Perform quality reviews per the guidelines and fix and record any changes in the course’s excel spreadsheet.
- Migrate any edited alt-text descriptions to the correct images on the client platform.
- Change the lesson status to “Complete” in the Smartsheets workflow tool.
SOW – Materials Provided:
- Access to image tracker spreadsheet, Smartsheets, and client platform
- Links to Alt-Text Guidelines, Training Sessions, and Recordings
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line enter Alt-Text Proofreader, K-12 – Your Name. If your qualifications meet our needs, a member of our talent acquisition team will contact you directly.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.